This can be done as a class project or by each student individually. You can use the school Bully Prevention Slogan, or have each class or student create their own message.
Here’s how to do it.
- Announce the contest at an assembly. Make sure to tell exactly how it works and what the prizes are.
- Have each class or student take certain times over a few days to complete the project.
- If the contest is for each class – have them attach it to the inside or outside of the class door. Have the judges (can be your Bully Prevention Task Force, PTA, student council or even an overall school vote) look at each.
- If each student does one individually – Have the students turn it into the teacher. Gather them and judge each for winners.
- At the assembly the following week announce the winners (this is very important. Students love hearing their names as winners.) and give out the prizes.
- Frame the winners and hang them in a high traffic area at the school. You can also attach little ribbons to each showing 1st place, 2nd place etc.
I appreciate your comments.
Dedicated to reducing bullying at your school!
John Abrams – www.AmazingSchoolAssemblies.com
Southern California’s Top Elementary School Assembly Performer